Tuesday, May 12, 2009

McAuliffe's Wednesday Celebrity Tour Recovers from Slow Start

The McAuliffe Campaign seemed to recover nicely from a reported low turnout event in Norfolk on Wednesday. As I said before, I don't have a dog in this hunt. But, I will add that Terry McAuliffe is the only candidate so far that has addressed the issue of Payday and Car Title Lending through their campaign media plan.

While this doesn't mean that he has my vote, his stock has moved up considerably for me. I have worked on this issue and I am surprised and disappointed that neither Deeds or Moran have made this more a part of their issue platform. Why is it that the only person out of the three Gubernatorial Candidates that is openly addressing the Predatory Lending issues of Payday and Car Title Lending is the only one that has not been elected to public office in Virginia? This is a softball issue and Terry McAuliffe is hitting it out of the park. More on Predatory Lending later...

No comments:

Post a Comment