Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

I grew up in a family where many of them served. I am a supporter of our Military. They go where they are ordered by our elected leaders. While I can voice my opposition to the way our President (current and past) and the Congress (current and past) engage in foreign policy and how they use our men and women in uniform, I fully endorse their service to this country.

I think we took a big step as a nation with the election of Barack Obama and the new Congress, we still have a long way to go. Our foreign policy has to make sense and have moral justification rather than self-righteous absolutism and indignation. My father served, my two brother-in-laws served, I've had uncles that have served, and I now have a niece and nephew who currently serve. I think that somewhere along the line, I've had at least one member of my family serve during every major military action from World War Two through today.

CNN has been promoting the Map of the Fallen from the Google Earth team. This is truly an amazing program and a fitting tribute to our current service men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Please use this day to remember all those that served.

No comments:

Post a Comment